CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Very frusterated with work

I really don't have much to say...... I have been working in a group home for the past four years and had a lot of changes during that time. I love working with children and family to help them gain a better relationship with in their family.
Over the last 6 months our house and plenty of other houses have had major changes to their homes. I would say one of the hardest change is going from a structured group home dealing with more negative behaviours such as phycialy attacking staff, clients and property. To a home that is less structured and deals with learning disability's that vary from ADD, ODD, reading comprehension, and very low fuctiontiong children that need the structuer. Its not really the learning challenges that is hard to deal with, it's the parents. They placed their child in care because they are unable to deal with the challenges themselves. I am a person who can take a lot of negative things thrown at me, but the one thing i really don't like is manipulation of things. What am I doing here?

0 comments: